Szechuan Steak Sandwich
- 1 Ciabatta bread
- 1/2 lb of sliced Beef
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon of sesame seed oil
- 1 pinch of white pepper
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- 4 Tablespoon of oil
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 3/4 Cup of white onions
- 1/2 Cup of Carrots
- 3/4 Cup Green Peppers
- 3/4 Cup Red Peppers
- 3/4 Cup Yellow Peppers
- 1 Cup of Mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Sherry Cooking Wine
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 1 Teaspoon of hot pepper sauce
- 2 oz of butter
Step 1 - Marinating the Beef
- In a bowl, add the sliced beef, salt, sesame seed oil, white pepper, egg white, 2 Tablespoon corn starch and 1 Tablespoon of oil.
Step 2 - Grill the Ciabata Bread
- Cut the Ciabatta bread in half grill one side until it is toasted.
- brush melted butter onto the bread and set the bread aside.
Step 3 - Stir Fry
- add 2 Tablespoon of oil to wok and cook the beef until it is medium cooked.
- Set the beef aside.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of oil to the wok and then add minced ginger, minced garlic, and all of the vegetables and stir-fry.
- To make the sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, hoisin sauce, sherry cooking wine, water, hot pepper sauce.
- Next add the beef to the work and stir-fry.
- To thicken the sauce, whisk together 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 Tablespoon of water in a bowl and slowly add to your stir fry until it's the right thickness.
- Lastly remove from wok and place on top of the ciabatta bread