Sweet and Sour
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1 Cup of flour
- 6 Tablespoon of corn starch
- 2 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 Tablespoon of oil
- 1 Cup of water + 4 Tablespoon of water
- 1/2 Cup of sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon of Ketchup
- 1/3 Cup of Red Peppers
- 1/3 Cup Green Peppers
- 9 Chunks of pineapple
Step 1 - Making the Batter
- In a bowl, add flour, 4 Tablespoon of corn starch, baking soda, 2 Tablespoon of oil, and 1 Cup of water
Step 2 - Deep Fry the Shrimp
- Deep fry the shrimp at 350 degrees until the shrimp is golden brown or for around 2-3 minutes. Once cooked, set the shrimp aside.
Step 4 - Sauce
- In a bowl add sugar, vinegar, 1/2 cup of water, and ketchup. Mix it all together well
Step 5 - Cooking the Sauce
- Add the sauce into the wok and let it boil.
- Next add the fruits to the wok (pineapple and green peppers)
- To thicken the sauce, whisk together 2 Tablespoon of cornstarch and 4 Tablespoon of water in a bowl and slowly add to your stir-fry until it's the right thickness.
- Add the shrimp to a plate and add the sauce on top of the shrimps