Sweet and Sour
- 1 lb Pork shoulder loin
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of sesame seed oil
- 1/2 Cup of flour
- 4 Tablespoon of corn starch
- 1 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon of oil
- 1.25 Cups of water + 4 Tablespoons of water
- 1/3 Cup of sugar
- 1/2 Cup of white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon of Ketchup
- 1/3 Cup of Green Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Red Pepper
- 9 Chunks of Pineapple
Step 1 - Cutting and Marinating the Pork
- First cut up the pork into 1/2 inch cubes and place them in a bowl.
- To marinate the pork add salt, white pepper and 1 Teaspoon of sesame seed oil
Step 2 - Making the Batter
- In a bowl, add flour, 4 Tablespoon of corn starch, baking soda, 1 Teaspoon of oil, and 3/4 Cup of water. If it is too thick, add some more water to the batter.
Step 3 - Deep Fry the Pork
- Deep fry the shrimp at 350 degrees until the pork is golden brown or for around 5 minutes. Once the pork is cooked, set the pork aside.
Step 4 - Sauce
- In a bowl add sugar, vinegar, 1/2 cup of water, and ketchup. Mix it all together well
Step 5 - Cooking the Sauce
- Add the sauce into the wok and let it boil.
- Next add the fruits to the wok (pineapple and green peppers)
- To thicken the sauce, whisk together 2 Tablespoon of cornstarch and 4 Tablespoon of water in a bowl and slowly add to your stir-fry until it's the right thickness.
- Add the pork to a plate and add the sauce and fruits on top of the shrimps