Sweet and Sour
- 1 lb Cod
- 3/4 Teaspoon of salt + 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of curry powder
- 1/2 Cup of flour
- 4 Tablespoon of corn starch
- 1 Teaspoon of baking powder
- 1.5 Cups of water + 4 Tablespoons of water
- 3/4 Cup of vinegar
- 1/2 Cup of sugar
- 2.5 Tablespoon of ketchup
- 1 Teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 Cup of green peppers
- 1/2 Cup of sliced carrots
- 8 chunks of pineapple
Step 1 - Cutting and Marinating the Cod Fish
- First cut up the cod into small pieces and place them in a bowl.
- To marinate the Cod add salt, black pepper and mix them all together well.
Step 2 - Making the Batter
- In a bowl, add flour, 2 Tablespoon of corn starch, baking powder, 1 Teaspoon of oil, 1/4 Teaspoon of salt, and 3/4 Cup of water. If it is too thick, add some more water to the batter.
Step 3 - Deep Fry the Cod Fish
- Deep fry the Cod at 350 degrees until the Cod is golden brown or for around 5 minutes. Once cooked, set the cod aside.
Step 4 - Sauce
- In a bowl add vinegar, 3/4 cup of water, sugar, ketchup, 1 pinch of salt, and ginger. Mix it all together well.
Step 5 - Cooking the Sauce
- Add the sauce into the wok and let it boil.
- In the wok add the carrots, pineapples and green peppers.
- To thicken the sauce, whisk together 2 Tablespoon of cornstarch and 4 Tablespoon of water in a bowl and slowly add to your stir-fry until it's the right thickness.
- Add the Cod onto a plate and add the sauce on top of the cod