Stir Fry Squid with
- 1 lb of squid
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 Cup of sliced white onions
- 1/2 Cup of green onions
- 1 cup of sliced celery
- 1/2 cup of sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup of sliced red pepper
- a few sliced strips ginger
- 3/4 cup of water + 2 tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoon of rice wine
- 2 Tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seed oil
- 1 pinch of white pepper
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 spoon of soy sauce
Step 1 - Cutting up the Squid
- Rinse the squid and cut it in half and then cross hatch cut the squid to give it texture
- Next cut it into small pieces
Step 2 - Boiling the Squid
- In a pot or pan add your squid to boiling water until the squid is submerged and boil on high heat for 30 seconds. After your squid is done boiling strain and cool with cold water.
Step 3 - Stir-Fry
- In a wok add 1 Tablespoon of oil, minced ginger and minced garlic, a few sliced strips of ginger, green onions and white onions and stir-fry for few seconds.
- Next add the squid and then add the vegetables and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- To make the sauce, add rice wine, oyster sauce, 3/4 cup of water, sugar, white pepper, soy sauce and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- To thicken the sauce, whisk together 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 Tablespoon of water in a bowl and slowly add to your stir fry until it's the right thickness.