Squid with Curry Sauce Recipe
- 1 lb of squid
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup of sliced white onions
- 1 cup of sliced celery
- 1/2 cup of sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup of sliced red pepper
- a few sliced strips ginger
- 2 Tablespoon of sherry cooking wine
- 4 Teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 Tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seed oil
- 1 spoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
Step 1 - Cutting up the Squid
- Rinse the squid and cut it in half and then cross hatch cut the squid to give it texture
- Next cut it into small pieces
Step 2 - Boiling the Squid
- In a pot or pan add your squid to boiling water until the squid is submerged and boil on high heat for 1 minute. After your squid is done boiling strain and cool with cold water.
Step 3 - Stir-Fry
- In a wok add 1 Tablespoon of oil, minced ginger and minced garlic, add the vegetables, a few sliced strips of ginger, sherry cooking wine, curry powder, 1/2 cup of water, oyster sauce, sugar, white pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Next add the squid, sesame seed oil and soy sauce.
- To thicken the sauce, whisk together 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 Tablespoon of water in a bowl and slowly add to your stir fry untill it's the right thickness.