- 4 oz of shrimp
- 1/4 Teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of sherry cooking wine
- 1 pinch of white pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of sesame seed oil
- 1 Cup of Wheat Starch
- 1 Teaspoon of oil
- 2/3 Cup of hot water
- 3/4 Cup of Tapioca Starch
- bits of carrots for decoration
- bits of celery for decoration
Step 1 - Marinating the Shrimp
- In a bowl, add diced shrimp, 1/4 Teaspoon of salt, sugar, sherry cooking wine, white pepper, sesame seed oil.
- Mix the ingredients together well.
Step 2 - Begin Making The Dumplings
- In a bowl add wheat starch, 1/4 Teaspoon of salt, 1 Teaspoon oil, 2/3 Cup of hot water and tapioca starch
- Mix the dough together well and if the dough is too soft add more water.
- Flatten the dough and use a cup to make a circular cut and then add the shrimp to the dough and wrap it.
- Add bits of carrots or celery for decoration
Step 3 - Steam The Dumplings
- Add boiling water to a wok or pot and steam the dumplings for 5 minutes