- 8 oz Medium Shrimp
- 1lb broccoli
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 2 Teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1/2 of an egg white
- 2 Tablespoons of corn starch
- 4 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon of oil
- 1 Teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Sherry Cooking Wine
- 1 Cup Water + 2 Tablespoons of water
- 1 Tablespoon of Oyster Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of sesame seed oil
- 2 pinches of white pepper
Step 1 - Marinating the Shrimp
- In a bowl, add the shrimp, 1 pinch of white pepper, salt and sesame seed oil and 1 tablespoon of corn starch and 1 tablespoon of oil
Step 2 - Boiling the Broccoli
- In a 6 qt pot add your broccoli to boiling water until the broccoli are submerged. Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the water and boil on high heat for 2-3 mins. After the broccoli is done boiling strain and cool with cold water.
Step 3 - Stir Fry
- Add 3 Tablespoons of oil and your shrimp to your wok
and cook for on high heat until shrimp is fully cooked all the way through.
- Set the cooked shrimp aside
- In a wok, add, 1 Tablespoon of oil, minced garlic, minced ginger, broccoli and sherry cooking wine
- Next add 1 cup of water, oyster sauce, sugar, 1 teaspoon of sesame seed oil and 1 pinch of white pepper.
- To thicken the sauce, whisk together 1 Tablespoon of corn starch and 2 Tablespoon of water in a bowl and slowly add to your stir fry until it's the right thickness.