- 1 lb shrimp
- 2 Pinch white pepper
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 3.5 Tablespoon of corn starch
- 2 Cups of water + 4 Tablespoons of water
- 8 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1 Teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 Teaspoon of minced ginger
- 1 Teaspoon of minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of sherry cooking wine
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 Teaspoon of hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 Cup sesame seeds
- 2 Cups of chopped lettuce
Step 1 - Marinating the Shrimp
- In another bowl, add shrimp, 1 pinch white pepper, salt, and egg, 1.5 Tablespoon of corn starch.
- Mix together well and set aside.
Step 2 - Deep Fry the Shrimp
- Deep fry the shrimp for 350 degrees for 1-2 minutes or until it is golden brown
- Set the shrimp aside
Step 3 - Sauce
- In a wok add 2 Cups of water, sugar, minced ginger, minced garlic, sherry cooking wine, white vinegar, soy sauce, 1 pinch white pepper, and hot pepper sauce. Stir together well.
Step 4 - Stir Fry
- Add the pre-made sauce
- To thicken the sauce, whisk together 2 Tablespoon of corn starch and 4 Tablespoon of water in a bowl and slowly add to your sauce until it's the right thickness.
- Then add the cooked shrimp to the the wok and stir-fry until the sauce is mixed evenly with the shrimp
- Serve the shrimp on top of lettuce and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top