- 8 Chicken Wings
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 2 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1.5 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sherry cooking wine
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Step 1 - Making the Batter
- Whisk together water, flour, corn starch, baking powder, salt, 1 Tablespoon oil
- Set the batter aside.
Step 2 - Sauce
- In a bowl add hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, sherry cooking wine, sugar and hot pepper sauce and mix together well.
- Set the sauce aside
Step 3 - Deep Fry the Chicken Wings
- Set the deep fryer to 350 degrees
- Add small amounts of batter to the chicken wings and deep fry for 10 minutes depending on the size of the wings.
Step 4 - Stir Fry the Wings
- Add the chicken wings and the sauce to the wok and stir fry for 35 seconds.
- Set the wings on a plate.