Kung Pao Scallops
Chinese Stir- Fry
- 1/2 lb of Scallops
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Sesame Seed Oil
- 1 Pinch of White Pepper
- 1/2 Egg White
- 2.25 Tablespoons of Corn Starch
- 3 Tablespoon oil + 1 Spoon of Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Sliced Onions
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 3/4 Cup of Sliced Mushrooms
- 3/4 Cup Diced Green Peppers
- 1/2 Cup of Diced Celery
- 1.5 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Hoisin Sauce
- 1.5 Tablespoon of Vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 Cup of Water + 2 Tablespoon water
- 1/3 Cup of Peanuts
Step 1 -Marinating The Scallops
- In a bowl add the scallops, salt, sesame seed oil, white pepper, 1/2 egg white, 1.25 Tablespooncorn starch and 1 spoon of oil
- Mix them together well.
Step 2 - Cooking The Scallops
- Add 2 Tablespoons of oil to the wok and then add the scallops and cook untill the scallops are golden brown
- Set the Scallops aside
Step 3 - Stir-Fry
- add 1 Tablespoon of oil, sliced onions, minced ginger, minced garlic, sliced mushrooms, diced green peppers, diced celery and sliced mushrooms and stir fry for a minute.
- To make the sauce, add the oyster sauce, sugar, hoisin sauce, vinegar, hot pepper sauce, and add 1 cup of water.
- To thicken the sauce, whisk together 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 Tablespoon of water in a bowl and slowly add to your stir-fry until it's the right thickness.
- Then add the scallops and peanuts to the wok and stir-fry all of the ingredients until they are mixed together.