- 4 oz of beef
- 1 Teaspoon of Soy Sauce + 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of sherry cooking wine
- 1 Teaspoon of corn starch
- 3/4 Cup of water
- 1/4 Cup green onions
- 2 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 Teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Box/tray of tofu
- 1 Tablespoon of the chili bean sauce ( Lee Kum kee brand )
Step 1 - Marinating the Beef
- In a bowl, add beef, soy sauce, sherry cooking wine, corn starch and mix together well. Set the beef aside.
Step 2 - Sauce
- In another bowl add 3/4 cup of water, green onions, 2 Tablespoon of soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar. Set the sauce aside.
Step 3 - Boiling Tofu
- Cut the tofu into cubes and then add them to a 6 qt pot or wok add the tofu to boiling water until the tofu is submerged and boil on high heat for 17 seconds. After the tofu is done boiling, strain the water from the tofu.
Step 4 - Stir-Fry the Beef
- In a wok add 2 tablespoon of oil, beef, and then cook for on high heat until beef is medium cooked.
- Set the beef aside.
Step 2 - Stir-Fry All of the Ingredients
- add 2 tablespoon of oil to the wok, minced garlic, minced ginger, hot pepper sauce, and chili bean sauce.
- Next add the beef, the sauce and tofu and stir for 10 seconds.
- To thicken the sauce, whisk together 2 Tablespoon of corn starch and 4 Tablespoon of water in a bowl and slowly add to your stir fry until it's the right thickness.
- Serve the ma po tofu in a bowl.