Chicken Pea Pods
/ Snow Peas
- 1/2 lb Chicken
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1.25 Teaspoon white pepper
- 2 Teaspoon of sesame seed oil
- 1 Egg white
- 2.5 Tablespoons of corn starch
- 4 Tablespoon of oil
- 2 Cups of peapods
- 1/2 Cup of white onions
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoon sherry cooking wine
- 1.5 Cups of water + 2 Tablespoons of water
- 1 Tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon of sugar
Step 1 - Slice and Marinating the Chicken
- Slice up the chicken into small strips.
- In a bowl, add the chicken, salt, white pepper, sesame seed oil, egg white, and 1.5 Tablespoon corn starch and 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Mix them all together
Step 2 - Stir Fry
- In a wok add 2 Tablespoons of oil, chicken and cook on high heat until chicken is fully cooked all the way through. Set the chicken aside.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of oil in the wok, white onions, minced ginger, minced garlic and stir-fry for few seconds.
- Next add all of the vegetables.
- To make the sauce, add sherry cooking wine, 1.5 Cups of water, oyster sauce, 1/2 Teaspoon of sugar, 1/4 Teaspoon white pepper, 1 Teaspoon sesame seed oil.
- To thicken the sauce, whisk together 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 Tablespoons of water in a bowl and slowly add to your stir-fry until it's the right thickness.