- 1/2 lb of Shrimp
- 1/2 lb Cantonese noodles
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 2 Pinch of white pepper
- 2 Teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1/2 egg
- 2.5 Tablespoon corn starch
- 5 Tablespoon of oil
- 2 Cup of bean sprouts
- 1/2 Cup sliced white onions
- 3/4 Cup sliced Green onions
- 1/2 Cup sliced peapods
- 1/4 Cup Shiitake mushrooms
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 Teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sherry cooking wine
- 1 Cups of water + 2 Tablespoon of water
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of sugar
Step 1 -Marinating the Shrimp
- In a bowl, add the shrimp, salt, 1 pinch white pepper, sesameseed oil, 1/2 egg white, 1.5 Tablespoon corn starch,1 Tablespoon of oil and mix together.
Step 2 - Boiling the the noodles
- In a 6 qt pot add your noodles to boiling water until the noodles are submerged and boil on high heat for 10 Seconds.
Step 3 - Pan Fry the Noodles
- Pan fry the noodles in a wok on medium heat until they are nice and golden brown.
- Place the noodles on a plate.
Step 4 - Stir Fry
- In a wok add 2 Tablespoons of oil, shrimp and cook on high heat until the shrimp is cooked.
- Set the cooked shrimp aside
- In a wok add 2 Tablespoon of oil, white onions, minced garlic, minced ginger, shiitake mushrooms and stir fry for 10 seconds
- To make the sauce add bean sprouts, soy sauce, 1 cups of water, sherry cooking wine, oyster sauce, sugar, 1 Teaspoon sesame seed oil, and 1 pinch of white pepper and stir fry for couple seconds.
- Next add the green onions and peapods to wok
- To thicken the sauce, whisk together 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 Tablespoon of water in a bowl and slowly add to your stir-fry until it's the right thickness.
- Lastly add the shrimp to wok and stir-fry for 30 seconds.