Chinese Beef Asparagus
with Black Bean Sauce
- 8 Oz of Beef (New York Strip Steak)
- 1 Tablespoon of Sherry Cooking Wine
- 2 Tablespoon of Soy Sauace
- 1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon of Oyster Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Ginger Juice
- 3 Tablespoon of oil
- 1 Oz of White onions
- 1 Teaspoon black bean sauce
- 1 Oz of sliced carrots
- 2 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch +1 Teaspoon of Corn Starch
Step 1 -Marinating the Beef
- In a bowl, add the beef, sherry cooking wine, 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 Teaspoon of Corn Starch, and black pepper.
- Mix together well
Step 2 - Sauce
- In a bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of water, 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce, sugar, and ginger juice
Step 3 - Boil the Asparagus
- In a 6 qt pot add your asparagus to boiling water untill the asparagus are submerged and boil on high heat for 30 seconds. After your asparagus is done boiling strain and cool with cold water.
Step 4 - Stir-Fry
- In a wok, add 2 Tablespoons of oil and then add the marinated beef and cook until golden brown and then set beef aside.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of oil to the wok
- Add white onions, black bean sauce, sliced carrots, beef, asparagus and the sauce
- To thicken the sauce, whisk together 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 Tablespoon of water in a bowl and slowly add to your stir fry until it's the right thickness.