- 6 Chicken Wings
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 2 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt + 1 pinch of salt
- 1 Teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/4 Cup sliced carrots
- 1/4 Cup sliced peapods
- 1/4 Cup sliced wood ear
- 1 Pinch black pepper
- 1 Pinch white pepper
- 1 Pinch of Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon curry powder
Step 1 - Making the Batter
- Whisk together 1/2 Cup of water, flour, corn starch, baking powder, 1/4 Teaspoon salt, oil
- Set the batter aside.
Step 2 - Sauce
- In a bowl add 1/4 Cup of water, white pepper, 1/4 Teaspoon salt, sugar, minced garlic, and hoisin sauce.
- Mix together well
Step 3 - Stir-fry
- On high heat add the sauce, carrots, wood ear, and carrots to the wok and stir fry until the sauce is dryed up.
- Place the vegetables in a bowl.
Step 4 - Marinating the Chicken Wings
- In a bowl add the chicken wings, 1 pinch salt, white pepper, curry powder and mix together well.
- Next Cut and pull out the two bones from the wings and fill in the vegetables into each of the chicken wings and use a tooth pick to close up the hole (See video for more details)
Step 5 - Deep Fry the Chicken Wings
- Set the deep fryer to 350 degrees
- Add small amounts of batter to the chicken wings and deep fry for 10 minutes depending on the size of the wings.
- Pull out the tooth picks and serve on a plate